Kakapo Kids Early Childhood Centre is committed to providing children and their families high quality early childhood education and care in a holistic, nurturing and supportive environment.
To assist your child’s transition, sense of security and belonging, we allocate each child their own Key Teacher.
Under 2: 1 teacher to 4 children
2 & over: 1 teacher to 8 children
Kakapo Kids Teaching Team Philosophy
- Here at Kakapo Kids we value the importance of play-based learning for children.
- We are inspired by the socio-cultural philosophy to ensure the child is at the centre of all we do.
- All children need to feel a real sense of well-being and belonging to allow them to become confident explorers, learners, critical thinkers and problem solvers.
- Parents / whanau / families know their child best. We value strong parent / staff partnerships as these are paramount to quality care and education within our learning environment.
- Children will be provided equitable learning experiences regardless of gender, age, ability or ethnicity.
- Our curriculum will encompass routines, planned and spontaneous experiences, for individuals and groups, while being flexible to meet the needs of all learners.
- To encourage positive self-esteem by recognising the rights of children, valuing their input, allowing them to develop independence and negotiation skills.
- Children will be encouraged to show respect for their peers, adults and our natural environment.
- We value the tuakana – teina concept whereby children of mixed ages benefit from playing and learning together. We recognise the unique place of Maori as tangata whenua and will actively work towards incorporating bicultural approaches within our teaching and curriculum that reflect the principle of partnership inherent in Te Tiriti o Waitangi.